Information to help you when coaching
if you succeed, our players succeed.
MHLL hosts coaching clinics at the start of every season. We encourage our coaches to attend and learn from some of our areas best.
Little League University
Team Snap for Coaches
TeamSnap helps us keep everything organized in a clear and concise way. We do this to help our coaches so you have less to worry about!
In 2018 Medicine Hat Little League created a Pilot Project to encourage lifelong wellness and promote optimal performances for players by implementing LTAD - Long Term Athletic Development Model.
In 2019 our League will be focused on implementing this model throughout our divisions.The key reasons for our organization to start moving towards this model are:
- Develop the optimal training, competition, and recovery program for MHLL participants that meet the needs of our athletes at each stage of their development.
- Sports research shows that rushing into competition frequently results in technical, physical, tactical, psychological, and emotional shortcomings that hinder performance; leading to higher dropout rates.
- Short-term aims of "Winning" games amounts to short-term results vs. long-term process.
- To provide equal opportunity for all our players to participate and develop to their maximum potential.
- The ages 8 - 12 yrs are at the most sensitive period for the trainability of sport/skill acquisition. During this phase of greater trainability, we make or break an athlete. Proper programming at this age will lead to greater skill acquisition which builds confidence and encouragement to stick with and continue to build on these skills throughout the LTAD stages.
2019 Medicine Hat Little League Assessments All Assessments will be at the Cypress Center Fieldhouse (2055 21 Ave SE, Medicine Hat). All players will need to bring a glove, batting helmet and clean running shoes (NO CLEATS). Please come 10 minutes before your scheduled time to register. Click on image for a full list. Players…
Medicine Hat Little League (MHLL) & Medicine Hat Adaptive Sport and Recreation (MHASR) Volunteer Challenger Baseball Co-Coach Position Objective: Under the guidance of MHLL & MHASR perform coach duties for the Challenger baseball program for children with disabilities. The position would work in partnership with coaches from MHASR to help run the Challenger Baseball program.…
In an effort to support our ball players development, the board of Medicine Hat Little League approved the policy below in regards to our Intermediate and Junior Divisions. Intermediate & Junior Divisions of Little League To create viable divisions. To help grow the Medicine Hat Little League baseball program and amateur baseball in Medicine Hat…
At no time shall a player, coach or spectator verbally or physically abuse an umpire. On any disputed call, subject to interpretation only, a coach shall call for time out prior to entering the field of play. After being granted time out by the umpire, the coach shall then question the umpire’s interpretation of the…
Starting in the 2018 Season, MHLL announced that we implemented a new system for Criminal Record checks. We use an International company called BackCheck for our Criminal Record checks. BackCheck specializes in security screening with all checks done online in a secure environment. Criminal record checks are a requirement for all coaches (Head and Assistants), adult umpires,…
Medicine Hat Little League (MHLL) is excited to announce we are following in the footsteps of every national sports organization within Canada towards aligning with the world-renowned LTAD – Long Term Athletic Development Model. LTAD is a logical (evidence) based approach that aims to encourage lifelong wellness and promote optimal performances for players, particularly in…